Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Another Week, and a Baptism!

Dear All,

I apologize for not having the photo of the baptism, but I forgot my card reader this week. Roxana was baptized on Sunday, and I baptized her. She has had a lot of challenges in her life, but I know that she will find peace and comfort in the Gospel. She is probably one of the people I know that's had the hardest life, in just about every way. Financially, emotionally, in the family, she's just had it coming at her from every direction. And now she has God on her side to help her!

I'll start with a little more news:
President Brough, along with the First Presidency have opened up our privileges for e-mail. We are now allowed to write to ANYONE WE WANT, with the exception of:
-Persons of the Opposite Sex within mission boundaries
-Other missionaries from the Guatemala City Central Mission

From there, it's fair game. Therefore, I invite you all to write me. My email is nicholas.banks@myldsmail.net and I would love to hear from you soon. This may also be easier, since I never have time to write letters on P-day. We also have 75 minutes now to write to everyone. Please don't include itnernet links, because I can't look at them, nor anything inappropriate, because it will take my mind off of missionary work. But anything else, go for it!

I love missionary work. I love the Gospel. I just finished reading the Book of Mormon for the 7th time, and it just gets better every time! I felt the Spirit in a new way, that I haven't been able to understand this many things before, and it was great. I love to read of Jesus Christ and his servants, learning from them how I can become closer to Him. The key is in Alma 37:6-7:

"Now, ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me, but behold, I say unto you that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass, and small things in many instances doth confound the wise.
"And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes, and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise, and bringeth to pass the salvation of many souls."

What the Lord wants is our faithfulness and constance. He doesn't care what our circumstances are, he just wants our constance and our love. And we show our love for him by keeping his commandments (see John 14:15). If we do the little things every day, such as pray and read our scriptures, keep the commandments, and go to church every Sunday, the Lord has promised that he will help us to do whatever thing is expedient for him.

I so testify, that Jesus is the Christ, and that I have come to know him both in my extremities, and in my moments of joy. I love this work, I love the Lord, and I love our Heavenly Father. I am excited to hear from his servants this weekend in General Conference, as I know it will be a great experience, and I know the Lord will give me additional direction with respect to how I can do better.

I testify of these things with all my love for each of you.
May the Lord bless each of you as you do your best to follow him, and keep his commandments.

Take care, and know that He loves you.
Sincerely,
Elder Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment