Tuesday, October 2, 2012

6 Weeks in Villa Hermosa

Dear All,

Now, for a little inside scoop about the Guatemala City Central Mission: the changes (transfers). If you come or go, it happens on Wednesday, without question. They always tell you Monday morning, so you can use P-Day to pack. When they call, they will tell each missionary if he is leaving or staying, and if he has an interview. If someone has an interview, that means that they will be receiving an assignment, such as senior companion, district leader, zone leader, secretary, assistant to the president, or retention leader. You get to the "change meeting" without knowing where you're going, and you leave the meeting with your new companion to your new area. From there, it's all history.

We received the call Monday morning about 11:15am. Our district leader told us that I will be leaving, that Elder Perez will be staying, and that both of us have interviews tomorrow at 8am. That means that my companion will probably become senior companion, and I will probably receive one of the other assignments. We won't know until tomorrow, but I do know that I won't be training this change, because President calls all the trainers on the phone during the week before changes. Also, district leaders have cell phones. They just received them a couple months ago. They can only carry them at certain times, and they can't let ANYBODY borrow the phone, but they have them. Zone leaders, secretaries, and assistants carry their cell phones always, and there is always one per companionship. Only the assistants have two phones. So who knows? I may be carrying a phone in the near future.

For know, I'll keep working, and go say goodbye to my converts here. It's been really great to be here, and it's been a little bit of a break from assignments. But I'm not here to relax, I'm here to work, so here I go, working on something new!
As for Villa Hermosa, it's been fantastic. Just like last time I was in this zone, I only stayed 1 change, or 6 weeks. And, just like last time I was in this zone, my companion is from El Salvador, and really wants to learn English. Elder Perez is fantastic, and will keep working hard, and keep the great relationship we have with the Bishop and the Ward Mission Leader.

And to tell you a little about the divisions I had last week with Elder Silva in La Hermosa:
We had some good little lessons, and we got to go have the correlation meeting with Hno. Samayoa, the ward mission leader. They fed us BBQ ribs, which were delicious, and they're a great family. He works for the Church, in maintenance of buildings, and I actually saw him once before, in the Amatitlan stake center, waiting to have my interview with President Brough. He seems pretty cool, and it would be great to work with him. It was a fun little excursion, and I got to learn a little more about the things a district leader does.

I just wanted to tell you how much I love the Lord, and how much He loves all of you. His love is infinite, and no matter what happens, He'll be able to take away your pain. Trust Him, and He will help you. As He says in Psalms, "Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalms 46:10) I know He lives, and I am honored to be able to wear His name on my badge every day, and to be able to represent Him in all I do. Don't ever forget how much He loves you.

Thank you for everything. I love you all.

Sincerely,
Elder Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment