Monday, July 15, 2013

Another Week in Panorama

First of all, there's a new address to send me mail (and make it quick, because I may not get it for a while).

Nicholas Banks
Misión Guatemala Sur
Apartado Postal 340-A
01909 Guatemala, Guatemala C. A.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let's get on to the good stuff.

We have an investigator who was born in Kansas. His name is John Wright. How more American can you get than that? He's the nextdoor neighbor of our ward mission leader, and he was a reference from the same. He's really cool and he appears to be ready to be baptized, or at least that he will be soon.

My companion and I have so much in common that it's scary. He and I are both into the same hobbies, and are both into the same things. He has some of the same problems and challenges I did at the beginning of my mission, so it's really weird to see what I was like. I'm doing all I can to be able to leave him a lot better than I was when I started out.

Other than that, we're just working with the schedule changes and new things to get used to in the South Mission. I had an interview with President Stay on Friday and it was really great. He's a very inspired man who has an extensive knowledge of the Gospel. As much as I love President Brough, I know things have changed for a reason. And it is for the Lord's wise purpose, and that is enough for me.

I really don't know what else to talk about. Not a whole lot has changed.

We're working a LOT more with the members now. We have a new rule to visit members (preferrable recent converts or less actives) and teach them about the Plan of Salvation, and then ask them some certain questions to be able to find out that they DO know someone who is ready to receive the Gospel in their life. We do it 7 times a week and it's worked really well, we already found a great family, Mario and Silvia, through the Lopez family, which makes me really happy. I love missionary work!

Also, they're going to take part of our area away because the sisters in the ward have a really small area. The only problem is that they might take away the most productive part of our area. Whatever happens, it'll be alright, we'll keep working hard.

Anyway, just keep on keeping the commandments, and everything will work out. "Whatever happens, trust in the Lord."

I love you all. I hope you all have a fantastic week, and that the Lord keeps blessing you. Remember, you can only win when you play by the rules. If you try to rewrite the rules, well, nobody cares and you'll still be judged by the originals, so just follow them. And you will win Eternal Life.

Love,
Elder Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment