Monday, August 12, 2013

Ch..Ch..Ch..Changes(in the ward)

So, I'll start with the big news: NEW BISHOPRIC!!!

The old bishop was great, but the new bishop will be even better. What's better is that he and the 2nd counselor were already 2 of our biggest supporters in the ward, so things are headed upwards here. I'll probably never see most of the success, but since Bishop Mac loves us so much, he'll be a great help to the ward, to create a culture of missionary work in the ward. I have so many great ideas and things we can do to change the ward and make this one of the best baptizing places in all the mission.

My companion is also doing well. Not really much to report. I'm just trying to do my best to endure to the end and honor my calling. There's not really much to report aroud here, just the bishopric changes.

This week, I wish to share the words of a seldom-sung hymn that President Packer quoted in his talk in October. This hymn has helped me in some of my most difficult moments.

Does the journey seem long, the path rugged and steep?
Are there briars and thorns on the way?
Do sharp stones cut your feet as you struggle to rise
To the heights in the heat of the day?

Is your heart faint and sad, your soul weary within
As you toil 'neath your burden of care?
Does the load heavy seem you are forced now to lift?
Is there no one your burden to share?

Let your heart be not faint, now the journey's begun,
There is one who still beckons to you!
So look upward in joy and take hold of his hand,
He will lead you to heights that are new;

A land holy and pure, where all trouble doth end,
And your life shall be free from all sin,
Where no tears shall be shed, for no sorrows remain,
Take His hand and with Him enter in.

This is what the Lord Jesus Christ can do for us if we follow His gospel. If we choose to do so, we will be able to be with him in the Celestial Kingdom, with our families for all eternity. If we choose not to, we have no promise.

I personally testify of the love of the Lord and of our Heavenly Father for each one of His children. Don't delay in taking advantage of the love and the blessings.

Love,
Elder Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment